i am watching tv right now. (gasp)
Yes, folks, my livingroom is finally complete with the free TV, a beautiful stand, and cable connection for me to enjoy "Serendipity" at this time. (Shout out to Angie and Christine Y for our trip to the cafe in LV!) When I came back from my sort-of-half day orientation, the TV was delivered and connected! How exciting.
Anyways, today was the orientation + math camp day 1. I know you are dying to hear about my day, especially the math camp parth, so here I go.
I woke up, did my regular routine, and headed out to the Ford scool to meet my classmates of two years, but of course, lifetime colleagues. On my way to the orientation, Andrew challenged me.
"...I dare you to speak to only two people and act like you are an introvert."
So what do I do? I go to my orientation, find myself a corner, and just nod and smile when people talk to me.
Wrong. That's what I would have done if I were competitive. But seeing that I am not, I talked to people and by the time the actual orientation began at 9:30 AM (I got there at 9:15), I had managed to eat breakfast AND knew what six people had done in the last couple of years.
I'm back in my element again.
The overall orientation was good. This year's class is 103, relatively on the large side, but still very intimate. They gave us a lot of information, one of them being: look for next summer's internship. I thought I came to school so I could avoid that. Nonetheless, it was great. I talked with two different professors over lunch and I loved that people weren't pressured to socialize.
Then I returned back to campus for my calculus math camp day 1 (out of four), from 6:30-9 PM. When I was sitting in class, talking about functions, derivatives, and what-not, it finally hit me.
I am a student.
Since I'm skipping out on the Community Service Day tomorrow, I will study math all day, so I can attempt to take the Calculus Waiver exam. Please don't judge me if I can't pass it.
Back to "Serendipity" :)
wow. i really wanna be a student right now...
ReplyDeleteaNd
btw:
fyi:
i'm subscribed thru google reader which i check every day so that's why i comment so voraciously
- how the HECK did you get a free tv?!
ReplyDelete- you're not competitive? hahaha. i challenge that statement. yea you heard me. what you gonna do?
- you talked to more classmates in 15 min than i did in 4 years.
- you talked to more professors on your first day than i did in 4 years.
- you, jen hong, are crazy. can we visit you in the white house when you live there?
Math camp? Sounds like a vacation for nerds--j.k. Wow, you mean you're not running some Greek club or other group yet? Well, I guess you're relaxing, only doing three times as much as the average person. Hmm, gotta see "Serendipity." Poor Andrew, he should know better than to think he could get Jen Hong to be quiet...I mean, uh, not amiable:)
ReplyDeletebtw love your thoughtful asides
ahahaha i love google reader too. jen, math camp? what is this. you're korean! you don't need that!!
ReplyDeleteand you're so silly jen, its cute how andrew challenged you :P