- TIME IN LOS ANGELES
* Two families meet!
We are so blessed! Our parents met over dinner and it was great. :)
The food was great and the conversation was sweet.
Andrew and I hope that this will be the
beginning of *many* outings together. :)
* Andrew's family Christmas party!




Andrew's aunt, Auntie Angie, knows how to throw a party. :)
I met her and her daughter Lauren for the first time, same time last year.
I can't believe a whole year has passed!
They gave me two beautiful aprons and cooking utensils that
I reeeeally wanted. :)
* My family Christmas Party
My brother and I decided that we are starting a new family tradition:
Christmas Party at the Hong's!
Although we had a late start (the day of Christmas),
we diligently cooked and fed 15 people!
It was so great to see our family gather together.
We can't wait 'til next year. :)
* My brother tries to make hand-pulled noodles
For Christmas, my dad received a hand-pulled noodles DVD from Andrew and me.
(Note: HE WANTED IT!!!)
Well, here is my brother attempting to make the noodles,
per DVD's instructions.
My dad tried, too, but no pictures.
Let's just say we appreciate and respect noodle makers.
* Wine & Cheese Party at my place

A small get-together at my place with friends from all walks of life. :)
I was so blessed to have old and new faces there.
Oh, how sweet life is.
I am so grateful that God has placed
*wonderful* people in my life.
* WE FINALLY UNITE!!!!
In talking about *wonderful* people, it goes without saying that
Jenn, Aarti, and Annique are precious, precious. :)
For the last four years, it had always been be the two or the three of us meeting up--never the FOUR.
Over the break, we were finally able to be in one place together.
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS...
Erica came to CA!
Ellen, Erica, Sam, Steve, and I went to the Huntington Garden to have tea and walk around the gardens.
I don't know why I don't have those pictures!
Stephanie Ahn!
Finally got to catch up over delicious Korean food! :)
We seriously need to take more pictures. ;)
- TIME IN THE BAY AREA
I hope my friends don't mind, but it is too good to be limited: "The SQUIRRELS!"
My college friends are invaluable to me.
I know that only by God's sovereignty and grace,
I was able to meet and sustain this relationship with them. :)
Thank you, my friends.
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS...
Christine Yong!
After I bid farewell to the Nor Cal-ers + Andrew,
I had someone *amazing* to keep me company.
Out of all my college friends, I met her the last.
BUT our friendship has been getting stronger and stronger.
Thank you for sending me TREATS and RUBBER GLOVES,
making me laugh and smile. :)
- BRUNCH PARTIES
Who doesn't like brunches?
I *love* brunches.
My FAVORITE meal of the day.
The FAVORITE.
* Erica's Birthday Brunch
It was Erica's Birthday!
Gandy Dancers, a place that used to be a railroad station.
Their Sunday brunch is spectacular.
From regular breakfast items to oysters, shrimp cocktails, ribs, sweets,fruits...
the list simply goes on...
I felt privileged to have been invited amongst her friends from college.
When going around telling Erica why we love her,
everyone cried.
Well, I didn't.
Not because I'm heartless.
But because I'm strong. ;) haha
* Brunch with Maria & Ashlee
As time goes on, you generally get to know a few people better than others.
Here are Ashlee and Maria, two girls with whom I spend most time at Ford.
It was our first Ann Arbor brunch outing.
Maria really wanted an AMERICAN breakfast.
Apparently Spanish people don't do great breakfasts like we do. ;)
First destination: Angelo's
Next destination: Broken Eggs
- ICE SCULPTING FESTIVAL

I have been bothering people about wanting to go to a Michigan-type of event.
Here I am at their ICE SCULPTING FESTIVAL
That is a giant sundae made out of ice.
I saw a lot more sculptures...
Fox News anchor dais/desk, hockey player,
Ice Age characters, Eiffel Tower, etc.
People are so talented. :)
- DODGEBALL IM LEAGUE
Broomball ended, but Dodgeball is ON!
Andrew was in town for the first game that we won!!!
Well, the other team didn't show up,
so it was an automatic win. :)
The 8 of us (including Andrew) just played each other.
I tried to look tough in my pictures, but I don't know if it worked.
- COOKING & BAKING FUN!
I have been more interested in baking and cooking!
So I invite people over to my place
and make them my guinea pigs! :)
In fact, I'm eating something that I made as I'm writing this!
* Brunch Party at my house
First victims: Stacey & Erica
Weapons of Destruction: Cinnamon French Toasts & Lemon-Blueberry Muffins
Result: They walked away alive, but haven't heard from them since Sunday.
* Small group dinner
Second victims: Jon & Harrison
Weapons of Destruction: Chicken Thighs with grilled vegetables
Result: They walked away alive and seemed okay on Sunday at church,
but I don't know how they are now.
If I am home on Fri night (and not at my Bible Study),
you know what happened. ;)


all i see here is food food food food food... I"M HUNGRYYYYY
ReplyDeleteYes, there does seem to be an emphasis on food in these pictures, no surprise to me :)
ReplyDeleteJust an example of your passionate embrace of life. Now that you're making it for yourself I think that particular passion might get even stronger, if that's possible. I hope I can one day sample your creations.
p.s. Your "tough" pictures are funny
hey you! twas a grand update indeed! :) enjoyed it very much, especially the pictures. i agree with dan. i'm hungry now. have a great semester, ms. hong!!
ReplyDeleteVery cool!! I again feel back in the Loop. I must agree w/ dan tsai--looks like a lot of eating!! A far cry from those cold days in D.C when the ladies down stairs were showing you how to boil an egg--Ha!
ReplyDeleteohhh I miss your cooking "Dduck bbok gi"
ReplyDelete