Monday, August 31, 2009

Internet! Pictures!

For those who have patiently waited for pictures... here we go! The router has arrived much earlier than expected! Anyways, I'm not ready to show my livingroom yet (because the TV will be installed tomorrow), so I will just show you pictures from the last few days. :)

This is how Michigan looks like... clear sky and everything GREEN. This was on the drive from A^2 to Canton for the mad shopping spree. This is the main high way. Haha


Here is my closet. Yes, all the hangers are white and the same size. I thought my past roommates would appreciate my continual particular organizational preference. ;)


This is my friend Annique and we are in front of the Graduate Library. Yes, she is the awesome friend who helped me this last weekend! :)

Now, there is this place called Zingerman's, where they have sandwiches that faaaaaar-surpass any sandwiches that you find in Berkeley. How is that possible, you ask? Well, you will just have to take my word for it. If you come to Ann Arbor, this sandwich will be on me. :)

(this is from Sat lunch)

What I didn't tell you from Sat is that Ann Arbor has a year-round (yes, in the snow, too!!!) farmer's market in the downtown area. Until now, I was convinced that farmer's market produce is far more expensive than what you buy in the market. But not only were they comprable to Trader Joe's, when compared to Whole Foods (where the farmer's market products parallel in its quality), the price is at least half the price!!! I plan to make a trip to the farmer's market every Sat. :)

Anyways, let's continue...

Here are the pictures from my room!!!! It's not complete yet because the frames and pictures aren't up, but thought I would share the bed set that I purchased (yes, I didn't know all the names of the bed set parts -- duvet cover, fitted sheets, sheets, comforter, etc) and the prized desks! haha

This is my room when you walk past the closets. the black things are paper frames that will soon hold pictures of YOU!

(here are my desks!! at first, we were given the small one on the right, but thanks to my scavenger hunter friend Annique, I got the nice desk and chair that now proudly serves as my main desk.)

I will have pictures in these as well. :) I felt like I was in my sorority again, where I had to decorate my room for rush. But I had fun doing this.

Here is a random picture of my dresser. I'm loving the orange boxes from IKEA. Definitely add nice color to my black dresser. :)

So now you see what I see and where will spend my next two years! :) I will continually take more pictures, so you can experience my version of Ann Arbor. :)

I look forward to grocery shopping (by bus!!) and having lunch with the law professor who started the Human Trafficking Clinic at the U Mich Law School tomorrow! I feel little rusty in talking about my research experience and future aspiration, so wish me luck! Still no attendance at the Ford School late-night social events, but I feel fine with that. :)

Thank you all for continually staying in tuned! I am loving your comments, e-mails, and phone calls. You make me feel loved and still so close to you! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this! Geez, you and Annique have been veeery busy--of course. It sounds like one of those shows where they do an instant makeover of a house. From what you've said you could definitely do a show of your own. I'm seeing speeded up video of you two carrying the furniture back and forth, and zipping around town to shop for all your treasures. I love all the enthusiasm, as usual :) Yeh, I have a new reality show that I can actually enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo jennnnn i love the sandwich bribe.

    i'm tempted

    ... you know that there's a junia kim living in ann arbor btw? (i'm her facebook friend. LOL)
    hahahahhahahahahahha


    IM SUCH A STALKER

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love matching hangers =D

    and... i want the sandwich too. =D

    ReplyDelete