Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend with Annique! :)

Oh, how do I begin to describe this fast-paced weekend?

Annique, my high school JSA friend (of course, she's so much more than that), drove from Chicago to help me settle in at this new place. For two days straight (Sat-Sun), we went to Marshall, Bed, Bath & Beyond, IKEA and Michael's... TWICE. All these places are at least 30 minutes away, so I was oh-so-grateful that I had an enthusiastic friend who was determined to make my place for (possibly) two years a home-y and happy place for a Californian who has no idea what 6.5 months of dreary winter will/can do to her. :)

But in addition to the store shopping spree, Annique was successful in remodeling the whole entire house for FREE. She was able to work her magic with the management office to let she and I go through the "storage area" where all the newly arrived furnitures were stored. Well, my friends, we got a whole new couch set, two new coffee tables, still-in-the-plastic mattress and box spring, and nice desk chair and desk!!!! Can you imagine two girls carrying up and down (because we had to swap what I already had in my livingroom and room) all the above-mentioned items, to and from the storage area and my place? It takes special determination and will power to make that happen. Anyways, I wish I had before-after pictures to show you!! My place wasn't bad before, but it looks so much better now! :) :) :) Oh, to add to this excitement, I have to proudly report that I managed to score a brand new 40" flat screen TV from the landlord as well! Despite the weird situation with a "third" roommate in this household, I feel happy about the good start. :) And... Andrew is very excited to watch Cal Football's first game on this TV when he visits me next week.

I wish I can report to you more in detail about the dynamics of this household with the unexpected roommate, but I will spare the scoop for a more intimate setting. Also, continual internet stealing means no picture update, but please stay put. :)

I look forward to my first official week in A^2!! Oh, and for those who seek confirmation, yes, it's Ann Arbor. ;)


2 comments:

  1. thanks jen ;)

    ooooh i can't wait to see pictures of your new place! hurry hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, can i be friends with annique too?

    how did you score new furniture and a tv? that boggles my mind.

    ReplyDelete