Friday, September 4, 2009

A beautiful day

Today was absolutely gorgeous. I mean, GORGEOUS. I sported my shorts and short-sleeves! I figured these days will be far too few when the winter time comes around.

**

In the morning time, I stopped by the graduate school orientation and picked up some literatures and few free things. I was hoping to get a sigg bottle, but they weren't giving them out. My goal is to get a FREE sigg-type bottle during my two years in Michigan! =P I don't care how; just will.

At the orientation/info fair, I signed up to receive information from few different fellowships and I actually went out to one of them today!!! They served Korean BBQ and it would be a lie if I said food didn't factor into choosing which fellowship gathering to attend tonight. ;) I had a good time. Except for the Korean-American pastor who didn't even grow up eating much Korean food or using chopsticks, everyone was white. Actually, there was one other Asian guy...from BERKELEY (go figure). They all loved Korean BBQ and kimchi though! haha

**

As you know, I love cafes. I like GOOD coffees, too. No Starbucks or even Peets. I found this cute cafe that made me feel like I was in semi-Italy and San Francisco. I parked myself in this outdoor-ish cafe and studied the remaining parts of the calc curriculum. I think I was feeling too happy. It was just so perfect.

Here is the cafe: doesn't this remind you of Milan, a little bit?



I had to take the second picture after sitting there for a long time because the feel of the cafe + the patrons totally made me feel like I was in SF again!!

Here is my cappuccino (that I had after 12 PM! *gasp*) Turn your head or turn your laptop to see the picture.


Oh, it was so perfect. I think I will be a frequent patron of this cafe. After all, they had RITUAL coffee. That's the next best thing for me, after Blue Bottle. :)

**
My CALC exam.

Let me just say... LAUGH now and then LAUGH more as you read on.

I think I got maybe... 50% right. Except for like three problems, the rest were word problems.

I barely understood and now I have to apply these concepts?!?!

Anyways, I couldn't answer one question because I straight up didn't know what a "multiplier" was. The question read "what is the multiplier of this problem and explain how this works" or something like that. I underlined the word "multiplier" and put a big question mark on it. Hope the professor appreciated my humor.

One other problem that stands out to me was a constraint optimization problem. At one point, I just started PLUGGING in numbers into the equation and after doing that for about 30 minutes (the test was 2 hours long and by then, I just stayed the remaining hour because I had stayed the first hour), I just chose two numbers that seemed to work. But out of courtesy for the professor who was grading the exam, I erased all the notes that I made while I was plugging. I mean, he could suspect that I might have done that, but I couldn't insult him by affirming that that's exactly what I did.

The professor said he will let us know the result by this weekend. Well, I think I already know the answer and I look forward to taking Calc this semester. :)

**

MR. WANG will be here in less than 24 hours!!!!!! :) :) :) Yes, I'm excited. :) :) :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited that you're excited :) You're right, neat looking cafes! I shall be seeing them in the future I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. berkeley has good sandwiches? i never knew, where?

    ReplyDelete